Search for items mentioned!

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2 in 1 Fight and Fade Gel

This spot treatment gel boasts 2% salicylic acid and promises to help clear your breakouts and also help fade your acne marks.

Sounds awesome right?

Wrong.

I really wanted to like this gel. I normally love Neutrogena products and their spot treatments are usually great...plus, who doesn't want to fade those dreaded acne spots? Now, this does help slightly with acne breakouts, although not in the "rapid" way it says. I still have a breakout from a week ago that still has a whitehead (grrr).

BUT.

The issue I have with this product isn't with the way it treats breakouts. It isn't even with the way it doesn't seem to help my acne spots (drat!). It's what happens when you moisturize after applying this product.

IT FLAKES!

Seriously, it looked like my face had dandruff. I go to rub my moisturizer in, and I have little white balls EVERYWHERE. No matter how lightly I rub my moisturizer in. I even waited 15 min, 30 min, and ONE HOUR from the time I applied this product to the time I applied my moisturizer. I even tried FIVE different moisturizers. Nothing stopped the flaking. I can apply it over my moisturizer but because it's a gel, it just makes the spots I apply feel sticky. Fail fail fail.

All in all, I would stay away from this product. I have used plenty of gel spot treatments without this effect so I don't know what makes this product act the way it does. I would just stick with the regular Neutrogena Rapid Clear spot treatment. MUCH better.

Have you tried this product? Did it have the same effect? Leave me a comment!

-AmieeJoy<3

No comments:

Post a Comment