Search for items mentioned!

Monday, November 28, 2011

Review: Olay Pro-X Clear

I purchased the Olay Pro-X Clear kit about a month ago. I also purchased the SPF 15 moisturizer and sulfur mask. The kit comes with a cleanser, a skin clearing lotion and a complexion renewing lotion. The kit promises to not only clear your break-outs, but to shrink pores and even skin tone in 4 weeks.


Here it is. The first three products (Pore Clarifying Cleanser, Skin Clearing Treatment and Complexion Renewing Lotion) come in the kit together for around $40. The UV Moisturizer and Sulfur mask sell for $30 each. So that's around $100 total. 


The cleanser is a lotion type cleanser. I don't really feel it's anything special. My face doesn't feel any different after using it and I don't really feel like it deep cleans my skin. I like to use this with my Olay Pro-X Cleansing Brush but I have to use more cleanser then usual or the brush drags across my face.


The next step is the skin clearing treatment. This is a lotion that you apply all over your face. It sinks in quickly and leaves your face feeling soft. It has salicylic acid in it to help clear up breakouts.


Next is the complexion renewing lotion. This is a serum type product that layers well under a moisturizer. It sinks in well and doesn't feel greasy. 


The UV moisturizer is a moisturizer with SPF 15. It's a nice consistency and doesn't feel to greasy on the skin, however, more oily girls like me will probably need to powder over it if they don't use make-up since it can make you a bit shiny. For $30, I wish the SPF was at least a 30. 


The sulfur mask is just your basic clay based mask. I really didn't notice anything special with this mask. It does tingle a bit when you first put it on but it fades within the first couple minutes. 

I used this system for about a month but after a few weeks, I had to add in some other products. I felt that this system didn't exfoliate my skin well enough by itself, which led to blocked pores. Also, the cleanser ran out while I still had about half of all the products left so I had to find another cleanser to use. 


C. Booth is a brand I really like. I started using the Daily Vitamins Healthy Skin Cleanser which I like since it is sulfate free and has tons of vitamins in it. I use the Glycolic Acid Solution morning and night after cleansing and before the Olay skin clearing treatment. I use the Vitamin C Facial Scrub a couple times a week just so I get some physical exfoliation in there to. 

All in all, I really enjoy the skin clearing treatment and the complexion renewing lotion. My skin looks brighter and some of my acne marks are fading. My pores look a little bit smaller. Once I added in the Glycolic Acid daily, my breakouts definitely cleared up. The UV Moisturizer and the Sulfur Mask were ok, but you can find better, cheaper options out there. I would recommend the basic kit, if only for the treatment and lotion. I might repurchase it, to see if more of my acne marks fade, since a month just isn't enough time to completely rid your skin of everything. 

Have you tried this system? What did you think?

-AmieeJoy<3







2 comments:

  1. really nice post, very interesting.
    wish you a wonderful evening.
    maren anita

    www.fashion-meets-art.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great review! I might give it a shot.
    http://liveoutloud14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete