Search for items mentioned!

Friday, May 11, 2012

Friday Face-Off: Cleansing Conditioners

L'Oreal EverCreme Cleansing Conditioner
Price: $7.99
Available: Most drugstores
Scent: Reminds me of vanilla

VS.

Salon Graphix Conditioning Cleanser
Price: $7.99
Available: CVS and Walgreens
Scent: Light citrus

Thoughts:
I like that drugstore brands are now making cleansing conditioners. I color my hair often so I like the option of more sulphate free products and I wasn't impressed with Wens performance or price. Cleansing conditioners also save me time in the shower since they're one step products.

I've used both of these multiple times (I've even bought L'Oreals version twice) and they both work differently, oddly enough. With both, you pump enough in your hand to cover your hair and massage it in with a bit of water. Since it is sulphate free, it won't lather, just massage into your scalp and through to the ends. Then you rinse it out or leave it in for a couple minutes if you want more conditioning.

Here's where they're different. Even thought I have oily hair, I have to leave L'Oreals in for a few minutes, otherwise, my hair is to dry. Even then, I use a leave in conditioner spray when I get out of the shower. 

However, with Salon's version, I have to rinse it out right away, or else it leaves a weird coating on my hair that I can notice after my hair dries, kinda like how Wen did to me. And still, I use a leave in conditioner spray to tone down the weird coating.

Both smell nice, but Salon's scent lingers longer in your hair so if you don't like the scent, that may be a drawback.

And the winner is:
I think I will have to go with the L'Oreal cleansing conditioner. I like both and suggest you try them (they both cost the same) but the cleansing conditioner at least doesn't leave a weird coating.

Have two products you want me to face-off? Leave a comment!

-AmieeJoy

1 comment: