Search for items mentioned!

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

My new good hair day secret!

I am constantly arguing with my hair. I tell it to stop being so oily, it refuses. I want it to have volume, it pouts. I wash my hair everyday, which some people say is fine, others say its not. Oh well, I do and I'm happy doing that. 

Normally, I'll wash and condition my hair and then add a drop of John Freida Frizzease serum on the ends and spray John Freida Daily Nourishment leave in conditioner throughout, comb and air dry. I like the routine, but my hair was always limp and oily by the end of the day.

NO MORE. 

I have found the secret. And its not even really a secret. I've read it a bunch of times over the years and never really paid attention to it. But one day, I tried it out and fell in love.

Are you ready for this?

Swap the order you use shampoo and conditioner. 

I'm not joking, that's it. I use conditioner first, rinse, then shampoo, combing each product through before rinsing. I still use my serum and leave in conditioner, except after I put the leave in conditioner in, I wrap my hair in a towel while I finish my skin care routine then let it down, comb and air dry.

Now if you try this, don't panic the first time you do. After rinsing the shampoo out, your hair will feel rough and dry. This is part of the reason for wrapping my hair, its lets the leave in conditioner penetrate better, but since its a spray its not going to overly grease-ify my locks. 

My hair feels a little thicker and its swings better, if that makes any sense. This method works really well for oily haired gals like me because our hair gets conditioned but the excess conditioner is washed away when we shampoo.

Will you try this out? Let me know if you do and what you think!

-AmieeJoy<3

No comments:

Post a Comment