Search for items mentioned!

Monday, May 28, 2012

Review: Neutrogena Tone Correcting Moisturizer SPF 30

(Photo from Google Images)

I've been using this moisturizer for about a month now. I've always struggled with acne and that struggle has unfortunately left me with some acne scarring. I picked this up to see if it would help lighten them.

This moisturizer contains stabilized Vitamin C, which is a brightener and also Retinol. I like that is has retinol because I am turning 25 in a little over a month (yikes!) and would like to start trying to prevent aging, a feat that is difficult since I also still suffer from acne. This also has SPF 30 which I also like, especially with summer upon us.

In the month I have been using this, it seems to have lightened my acne scars slightly. However, I notice that new acne rarely leaves any scars now that I am using this product. It goes on smoothly and blends into your skin well. The one complaint I have is that it makes my face look shiny after applying, which is not good paired with my already oily skin. However, it does seem to get less shiny after an hour or so, or you can use a mattifying primer or some powder to tone down the shininess and it looks fine. This product also hasn't broken me out, which is a plus.

I would recommend this to others, especially if they have spots they want to get rid off. I think it would work well on all skin types but sensitive skin people may want to do a patch test before putting this all over your face since retinol and vitamin C can be irritating to some.

Have you tried this product? What did you think?

-AmieeJoy<3

No comments:

Post a Comment