Search for items mentioned!

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

You are beautiful!

Girls go through a lot growing up. From being teased for not maturing fast enough, or maturing to quickly or being teased for not being "pretty" enough and having magazine and TV images constantly showing us how we "should" look, its amazing we even make it through our teen years without going crazy. I was teased all through my school years so it makes me really angry when I hear about people taking extreme measures because they are bullied. 

This is why I want to say to all my readers right now. YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL. Your school/workplace is just a small sampling of people in this world. There are plenty of people out there who will love YOU for YOU. Magazines and TV shows do not represent a normal American body type. Don't aspire to be like them. As long as your body is HEALTHY, it doesn't matter how you look. We are made to come in many different shapes, sizes and looks so obsessing over how you don't look like Angelina Jolie is pointless. People who can't accept you for you are not worth the time and energy. Being confidant in yourself is the sexiest thing you can do for yourself. Of course, words do hurt. But hold your head up high and tell yourself that you are beautiful. And mean it.

If any of you are being bullied or are just feeling down on yourself and you need someone to talk to, you can always leave me a comment or email me at amiee716@yahoo.com. Put I am beautiful in the subject line, so I get your email and as an extra reminder to yourself!

-AmieeJoy<3

4 comments:

  1. This really is a great post. Its really good to get a little reminder from time to time. :) Thank you!

    http://glitterdoll97-makemeup.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post.

    I love your blog and I hope you can come and check out mine! I have a giveaway on at the moment where you can win an 88 Metal Mania palette.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I recently did a post on this too! I love to inspire and tell people that they are worth it! I will link to the post here http://bloomwithbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/07/food-for-thought-beautiful-you.html
    I hope you will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for such a wonderful message :)


    xoxo
    teli
    krzteli.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete